Prep Time 10 minutes
Yield 1 serving
- 3 cups salad baby spinach or super greens blend
- 1 clove whole peeled garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger sliced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp wasabi powder optional
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- pinch salt
- black pepper to taste
- squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice
- broccoli florets lightly steamed
- chia seeds
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt thinned with milk to drizzling consistency (use coconut milk for vegan)
- Put the first 11 ingredients into a high speed blender and then heat the soup on the stove, but cook it just long enough to heat it through, you want to retain all those nutrients.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with broccoli florets, a swirl of yogurt, and chia seeds.
If you have ever wondered how you can add more nutrition to your day while targeting and strengthening your immune system, this one's for you. It provides hydration, vitamin A and C, Zinc, relieves congestion (typical during winter), and plenty of antioxidants. We all can tell by the beautiful vibrant color that we're putting something good into our body!